Manaui: The People of Oceania is always looking for writers and bloggers to help tell our Pacific stories. We specialize in three kinds of storytelling:
- The voice of our People. These are our ‘personal journey’ stories, where readers share life lessons they gained through significant experiences. Some beautiful examples are here, here and here.
- Cultural Instruction. How to make yummy island dishes, how to create traditional handicrafts, how to behave at a specific kind of social event, how to perform a certain custom, what’s the protocol for a particular situation, etc… Our tutorials help readers feel more connected to our cultures and to each other. Some great examples are here, here and here. Our history, legends and folk stories also fall under this category.
- Special Report. Manaui presents more in-depth, investigative (but still evergreen) stories that explore contemporary issues affecting the people of Oceania.
These different writing styles will require different skill levels, but for all of our stories, we need people who:
- love learning about their Pacific culture
- are great at giving advice or instructions
- enjoy a challenge and an adventure
- can really connect with other people – even through a computer screen
If that sounds like you, please join our community of Manaui Content Creators (the MCCs)!
How it Works
Here’s the step-by-step:
- First, register your interest. Scroll down to sign up as a potential Manaui Content Creator. Make sure you tell us your interests and give us a blurb for your Author Bio.
- Next, come join Manaui’s Facebook group for Content Creators. Just request to join the group, and as soon as we see your registration form come through, we’ll make sure to approve your request. This FB group is a great place to meet other content creators and find out what stories we’re working on.
- Finally, as soon as we find a great story idea for you, we’ll be in touch to help get you started on your first article.
Hope to hear from you soon!